Eating Disorders Research: Volunteer with us
Each year, the Minnesota Center for Eating Disorders Research offers training opportunities for individuals interested in volunteering within our program. In addition to educational seminars and individualized training on eating disorders, volunteer duties typically include conducting phone assessments with individuals who are interested in participating in our studies, entering study data, implementing recruitment strategies, assisting with other projects related to ongoing research studies, and participating in weekly lab meetings. If you are interested in being considered for a volunteer position, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following information:
- Please explain your interest in our research
- Offer a brief description of any previous research or clinical experience
- Include your estimated availability, including how long you would ideally like to volunteer with our program and how many hours per week you would like to volunteer. Typically, volunteers commit to approximately 8-10 hours per week; however, depending on needs and qualifications, there are opportunities to volunteer with us more or less frequently
- If you anticipate using this experience to fulfill a course requirement, please provide expectations related to the course (e.g., your weekly hours commitment)
- If you are a student, please share with us your current overall grade point average
Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com; 612-625-1542) if you have any questions about volunteering with our lab.