Apply for Child and Adolescent Fellowship
APPLICATIONS FOR 2017-2018 ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED
If you are interested and have not completed your application, contact the coordinator to work out a plan.
Instructions to Applicants
The University of Minnesota Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Training Program requires completion of your file before you will be interviewed. The following items are required to complete your file.
A complete application includes:
- Application form
- Four letters of recommendation
- One letter must be from your training director in general psychiatry, detailing your psychiatric education to date. The letter should include the rotations that you have taken and any rotations that may need to be completed in Adult Psychiatry for Board eligibility. Also include copies of evaluations by supervisors if possible.
- Three other letters are required; these can be in regards to Medical School, Internship, Residency, or private practice.
- Personal Statement - regarding your background, interests, and career aspirations in child psychiatry.
- Current Curriculum Vitae - include publications/research projects in which you have been engaged.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and medical schools attended
- Dean’s Letter (if possible)
We request that any interested applicant arrange for a personal interview to familiarize him or herself with the atmosphere, facilities, and personnel at the University of Minnesota and affiliated hospitals. Please try to schedule your interview well in advance.
To make an appointment or inquiry, contact our fellowship coordinator at 612-273-9712 or submit written materials to the following address.
Visa Sponsorship Policy
J-1 Visa - Alien Physician: The standard visa for residents/fellows who are not United States Citizens or permanent residents, issued by the Education Commission on Foreign Medical Graduates.
J-2 Visa - Issued to the dependent of a J-1 visa holder.
H-1B Visa - Is accepted at the discretion of the individual training program and is not considered with our program.
Applications Should Be Submitted To:
Laurie Iversen, Fellowship Coordinator
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
University of Minnesota
Department of Psychiatry
2450 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454-1495
- Education Office
- Medical Student Education
- Grand Rounds
- Additional Training Programs