The Department of Psychiatry conducts educational programs for medical students, residents, fellows, psychology interns and post-graduate professionals.
The adult psychiatry training at the University of Minnesota is a traditional four-year program grounded in the medical identity of psychiatry and emphasizing the interplay of heredity and experience in producing mental disorders.
The Department of Psychiatry offers six fellowship programs.
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowhship
- Addiction Medicine Fellowship
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship
- Geriatric Fellowship
- Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship