Nienow, Tasha, Ph.D.
Minneapolis VA Healthcare System
1 Veterans Drive 116A
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Psychosocial rehabilitation of schizophrenia and related conditions. Dr. Nienow has expertise with cognitive remediation, family psychoeducation, and cognitive-behavioral and behavioral skills training interventions. She also facilitates educational seminars for the family members of patients.
Dr. Nienow’s research has focused on 1) understanding the cognitive underpinnings of poor
social functioning in schizophrenia, 2) evaluating the efficacy of psychosocial interventions for serious mental illness, and 3) elucidating the mechanisms by which psychosocial interventions exert an impact on symptoms, cognition, and functional status in patients.
Education & Training
- Graduate School – Villanova University, Villanova, PA, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- Pre-doctoral Internship – UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles CA
- Post-doctoral Fellowships –
- Intervention Training for the Psychoses, NRSA Training Fellowship,
UCLA Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA
- Psychological Research on Schizophrenic Conditions, NRSA Training
Fellowship, UCLA Department of Psychiatry, Los Angeles, CA
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Research in Psychopathology
- United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
- Supervises psychology practicum students, interns, and post-doctoral residents
- Teaches undergraduate direct research in psychology senior project in psychology courses
- Supervises psychology interns and post-doctoral residents in clinical research projects