Nienow, Tasha, Ph.D.
Minneapolis VA Healthcare System
1 Veterans Drive 116A
Minneapolis, MN 55417
Psychosocial rehabilitation of schizophrenia and related conditions. Dr. Nienow has expertise with cognitive remediation, family psychoeducation, and cognitive-behavioral and behavioral skills training interventions. She also facilitates educational seminars for the family members of patients.
Dr. Nienow’s research has focused on:
- understanding the cognitive underpinnings of poor social functioning in schizophrenia,
- evaluating the efficacy of psychosocial interventions for serious mental illness, and
- elucidating the mechanisms by which psychosocial interventions exert an impact on symptoms, cognition, and functional status in patients.
Education & Training
- Graduate School – Villanova University, Villanova, PA, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- Pre-doctoral Internship – UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles CA
- Post-doctoral Fellowships –
- Intervention Training for the Psychoses, NRSA Training Fellowship,
UCLA Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA
- Psychological Research on Schizophrenic Conditions, NRSA Training
Fellowship, UCLA Department of Psychiatry, Los Angeles, CA
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Research in Psychopathology
- United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
- Supervises psychology practicum students, interns, and post-doctoral residents
- Teaches undergraduate direct research in psychology senior project in psychology courses
- Supervises psychology interns and post-doctoral residents in clinical research projects